Empyrean Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blade & Soul

3 posters

Go down

Blade & Soul Empty Blade & Soul

Post  Maiya Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Screw Guild Wars 2, I wanna play this!

Especially the Qing Gong system. <3 It's like fast running / high jumps / gliding anywhere in the game. Environment. <3
Maiya
Maiya

Back to top Go down

Blade & Soul Empty Re: Blade & Soul

Post  Chianna Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:11 pm

That game does look like fun to play. I may need to seriously think about buying a new PC for gaming.

In related news, I see NCSOFT has given up on Aion since they seem to be in full production of this mmo. I just hope this mmo isnt another "faction" game again... I think I am tired of that crap now.
Chianna
Chianna

Back to top Go down

Post  whiteapple Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:07 pm

AWESOME
i love this martial arty kind of genre =D
no archers it seems?

whiteapple

Back to top Go down

Post  Maiya Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:42 am

Well, different development teams work on different games. Team Bloodlust is working on this one. Another is working on GW2 which are both NCSoft titles. As for Blade & Soul, they stated that they were making the game with older PCs so that the final game will look great on outdated ones. And with this newest trailer they revealed the 5th class (Assassin), people think there's gonna be at least one more.

The game seems like it'll be PvP focused, but who knows.

Here are just a few Q&A stuff.

As the game system was revealed, bots and repetitive gameplay became a worry. How do you plan to deal with this concern?
Jae-Hyun Bae: Bots are a result of repetitive play. Bots happen because the player goes through boring repetitive gameplay and they don't feel like doing it. I assure you, Blade & Soul will never run out of content to make the players feel bored while they play. Also, this title will not be a repetitive grindfest game.

Since this is an MMORPG, you would have to provide some kind of system for the community to work with. What system do you have in mind?
Jae-Hyun Bae: We have the School(Guild, Clan) system. Many players play together and meet, then gather. We have an in-game system to support these things. However, how you play is still more relevant than creating an organization. The community will get involved not only with the system but also the storyline.

Story and settings will be completely different as you'll experience. For example if the story is driven by some myth from ancient times, the story won't have a direct relationship with you. They tell you to become a hero but you are out there killing boars or orcs. Blade & Soul will focus on YOUR story and the things to come for you in the future.

Will there be arenas and such for PVP?
Jae-Hyun Bae: We are currently gathering ideas, and we are aware it is an essential system. You might not have noticed but combat in Blade & Soul is a complex one. We have a lot of console fighting game elements implemented. There is a constant battle between, blocking, counter attacking, hitting and grappling.

Also we wanted to get the concept of buffs and debuffs out the window. We wanted to put away the movement impairing debuff, lowering defenses and buffing your HP. Instead we wanted to add realism and put in knock downs, tripping and a groggy state and mix it all together. Because of that, the skills are very powerful and in some cases learning a new skill will be more powerful than acquiring a new item.

For example, when you successfully counter attack, the enemy goes into a short stun period. Later on when you learn a skill the counter attack becomes an instant cast instead of having a cast time. Skills that cause groggy state can be followed by a skill that puts the enemy up in the air and then following that with other skills and so on which means the depth of PVP will be deeper. When we PvP in the office there sometimes is a moment where what you did in that one frame ends up winning you the battle, kind of like fighting games. The PvP in this game will focus on control and strategy along with some mind games.

As we further develop this game, we create many in-depth systems and we think we will need a pvp system like an arena. We wanted to create a game that's easy to pick up and play but hard to master. To give you a dramatic example, you can just mash the R button to take an enemy down. However, it will depend on how efficiently you use skills and control. It all comes down to efficiency in control.
Maiya
Maiya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum